Fintel Library is pleased to host once again the Roanoke College Faculty Showcase. The showcase was first held in September 2013. This year’s showcase features journal articles, artwork, blogs, monographs, and music. Selected items will be on display from March 7 -31, 2016. Entries in the showcase highlight the productivity and creativity of the Roanoke College community. An online bibliography is also available for your review.
In addition, several faculty will be presenting on their research interests. The presentations will be held throughout the month in the library’s collaboration space on the main level. Dates and times for the faculty presentations are as follows:
- March 17th, 3 p.m. – Drs. David F. Nichols, Using Visual Illusions and Logic to Figure Out How We See the World & L. Janelle Gornick, Are Conservatives Really More Simple-Minded than Liberals
- March 21st, 4 p.m. – Dr. Leslie A. Warden, Reconstructing the Egyptian Pyramid Age
- March 22nd, Noon – Dr. Chad T. Morris, Defeating Spam: Global Solutions to the Obesity Problem
- March 22nd, 3 p.m. – Dr. William “Skip” Brenzovich, Better by Design, Building Molecules Faster, Cleaner, and Cheaper
- March 23nd, 3 p.m. – Dr. Robert Schultz, Poems, Art and Leaves: Books from Handmade to Digital
- March 29th, 3 p.m. – Dr. Melanie Almeder, Reading from Her Works