!––calls the icons from Font Awesome––>Skip to Main Content <!––calls the icons from Font Awesome––>
|Log in to your account|
Purdue OWL has some great citation guides that can help you with your papers
From the website: "Use the EndNote plug-in to insert references, and format citations and bibliographies automatically while you write your papers in Word. This plug-in also allows you to save online references to your library in Internet Explorer for Windows."
Install the plug-In on your personal computer from this link. If you install it on a lab computer it will disappear after you log-out.
What is EndNote?
EndNote is a reference management software that requires a subscription to use. Lucky for you, Roanoke College has a subscription. Create an EndNote account and keep track of your research, manage your bibliographies, and plug in citations as you write your paper.
Steps for using EndNote with EBSCO Discovery Service (the search box on the Library home page):
1. Create your own account at myendnoteweb.com Make sure you use your RC email address.
*Look for confirmation email in your clutter folder
2. Log-in to your EndNote account
3. In another tab in the same browser, perform your search in the database of your choice (EBSCO)
4. Add the desired citations to your folder
5. Once you have your citations, go to the folder
6. Select all
7. Export, use the Direct Export to EndNote Web setting.
8. Screen returns to EndNote
9. On format tab in EndNote
a. References = all
b. Bibliographic Style = (there are a lot of choices)
c. File = RTF is the most or .txt will be the easiest to incorporate into a Word document
d. Save = downloads a file to your hard drive
e. E-mail = sends file to mailbox
f. Preview and Print = gives a pop-up