|Log in to your account|
Databases – Data sets (a few examples)
1. Our World in Data
a. Country Profiles
b. COVID-19 data & visualizations by country and with comparisons, mitigation measures (stringency charts)
2. Europa World – Demographic statistics, brief country profiles
3. World News Digest – synthesizes recent news and media discussions
4. WHO Coronavirus (COVID-19) Dashboard
Keyword search strategies
1. Keep in mind that colloquial terms and phrases describing topics or themes in the U.S. may not work for countries abroad. Try to use more formal words or phrases.
a. For example, instead of using the phrase "grade school" you may need to use the terms education children OR education teens and the country of choice.
b. Mitigation, intervention, stringency
c. Covid, coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2 (this term may lend to more scientific & research articles)
d. Mortality, morbidity, co-morbidity, death
2. Use articles cited by your article of interest to find more relevant articles.
3. Scan the subject terms that appear in relevant results to help you revise your search as needed.
4. Recognize that colloquial terms and phrases describing topics or themes in the U.S. may not work for countries abroad. Try to use more formal words or phrases.
5. Country profiles and background information may provide terms leading to more relevant searches.