A. VDOE - Virginia Department of Education
Standards of Learning (SOL) & Testing : HEALTH (2015)
B. HackHealth Program :
Population: Young people between the ages of 11 and 13
Goal: To increase the interest of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in the health sciences and to improve their ability to look for and evaluate health-related information, their health-related literacy and self-efficacy, and their ultimate health outcomes.
- How do young people go about looking for and evaluating health-related information online and how do they perceive the various health-related resources available online?
- How can we best teach young people to look for and evaluate health-related information online?
- What role can school library programs play in teaching and facilitating health information seeking and evaluation skills in young people?
- To what extent can we improve young people’s health-related self-efficacy by increasing their health literacy?
- To what extent can improved health literacy and improved health self-efficacy lead to better health-related decisions and positive health behavior changes in young people?